MedEvac Canada is committed to maintaining the confidentially and security of all patient and workers personal information. You have a right to know what we collect, how we collect, use and disclose personal information and to expect that, to the best of our ability, your personal information held by us remains accurate, confidential and secure. To ensure the security of your information we have implemented policies and procedures in accordance with the Personal Health Information Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, 2000 (PIPEDA). Please review below for details:
Collection & use of information:
• MedEvac Canada employees may ask you a variety of questions to collect your personal information or data to ensure highest quality of customer service.
• The information you provide will be limited to the collection of personal information which is necessary for the specific use intended.
• MedEvac Canada will not rent, sell, exchange or otherwise release your data to any individual or organization.
• All data is stored at corporate head office and hard copies are destroyed upon completion of transfer. All digital copies and password protected and stored for 7 years.
Disclosure & third-party access:
• If a request is made by a third party to access your personal information, a representative from MedEvac Canada will contact you immediately to obtain consent to disclose any information. MedEvac Canada will not disclose your information without your consent.
• This process ensures your right under the Privacy Legislation to control who has access to your personal information.
• MedEvac Canada uses a variety of security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal health information.
• Personal information is maintained in a secure environment with up to date security technologies.
• MedEvac Canada may disclose personal information if we are required to do under legal obligation either by law, to comply with a legal process or government requests. If this is the case, MedEvac Canada will reach out to you to inform you of this.
Last updated on November 2017
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement or require clarification, contact us at 416-704-2353 or email us at email@example.com.
This Privacy Statement applies to MedEvac Canada, it’s employees and any representatives who may be assisting with services provided.